When is a permit NOT needed?
Permits are not required to paint a house (interior or exterior), hang wallpaper, or similar finish work; to install concrete sidewalks or patios; or to build a fence under 7-feet high, or accessory structures under 200 square feet (fences and accessory structures must still meet all zoning requirements) Accessory structures between 100 and 200 square feet require a Land Use/Zoning Permit that can be obtained from the City of St. Cloud Planning office, for more information please call 320-255-7218.

An electrical permit is not required for minor repair work. Minor repair work includes the adjustment, repair or replacement of worn or defective parts of electrical equipment and replacement of defective receptacle outlets and manual switches for lighting control.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a permit?
2. Do I need a building permit for a swimming pool?
3. Why do I need a permit?
4. When is a permit NOT needed?
5. Where do I obtain my permits?
6. What information should I provide when applying for a permit?
7. How long does it take to get a permit?
8. Is there a charge for a permit?
9. When are inspections done, and who inspects the work?
10. How do I find my property lines?