Are projects assessed? What is the cost? How can I pay for the assessment?
Reconstruction projects are assessed according to the city’s current assessment policy. Each project varies in cost depending on many factors, such as existing conditions, proposed improvements, and the number of properties. Final assessments are determined at the assessment hearing. Please contact the Engineering Department Office at 320-255-7242 for information on the city’s current assessment rates.

Detailed information concerning assessment payment options is mailed to property owners at the time the assessments are levied. The following are discussed in more detail at the time of the assessment hearing, but payment options include:
  • Prepayment: Pay all or a portion of the assessment within 30 days of the billing date without interest charges. After 30 days from the date of the assessment bill, but before October 31, all or a portion of the assessment (plus interest computed from the date of the City Council resolution adopting the assessment roll to the date of the payment) may be made to the City of St. Cloud.
  • Installment Payments: Include the assessment payment with your property taxes. On or about November 1, unpaid assessments are certified to the County Auditor's Office for collection. Payments are then made in annual installments over a 5, 10 or 20 year period. These payments are payable in the same manner as property taxes. The interest rate is the same whether you choose 5, 10 or 20 year installment payments.

Show All Answers

1. How am I notified if my area is being considered for reconstruction?
2. Will my property be disturbed?
3. Are projects assessed? What is the cost? How can I pay for the assessment?
4. Is there assistance is available for low/moderate income property owners?
5. I recently received my special assessment bills, how can I pay them?
6. How can I make a partial payment on my assessment bill?
7. I want to pay off my assessment but it's after the interest free date, how do I know how much to pay?
8. How can I get a receipt for my assessment payment if I mail in or put my payment in the City Hall drop box?