Walk with Ease Update
With the current times of Covid-19 we are altering the offering of the Walk with Ease Program. We will offer a virtual option of where you can choose to:
Join Melissa for 3 Virtual Walking Sessions each week or
do a Self - Directed Program where you can walk on your own, fill out a log, and join Melissa for an optional Educational Piece each Wednesday.
Join in for an informational session on Wednesday, April 29th with Paula at 2:30 at this LINK
• Improve balance and strength.
• Improve arthritis symptoms.
• Improve confidence in one’s ability to manage arthritis symptoms.
• Group education and discussion about arthritis and health behaviors.
• Group walks at their own pace and for the distance of their choosing. Participants spend 10 to 40 minutes walking. This will be offered to do virtually to do in your own home or with proper social distancing you can meet at the Whitney Senior Center Parking Lot if the Stay at Home Guidelines become updated.
Start Date: Monday, May 4th
Days: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
Class Size: Limited to the first 20 participants that register. Register Deadline extended to April 28th or when class fills up.
Each session is about 60 minutes. Wednesday will focus on an education piece. We will also have a guest speaker - Linda Lemke - "Nordic Walking Queen" joining in for one of our sessions.
Call Paula at 320-255-7265 to learn more and to ask questions.
To Register Click on this LINK
Once you register Paula will send you a link to register with the Walk With Ease Self Directed Program through the MN Department of Health. They will send out a Walk with Ease Guidebook to complement the program.