Storm Drain Safety Tips!
Here are a few helpful tips for keeping safe while keeping our waters clean.
- Helpful tools for cleaning: broom, rake, trash grabber, gloves, orange cones or safety vest, snow shovel or dustpan, and a pail or yard waste bag.
- Never remove the grate.
- Wear bright reflective clothing.
- Stay away from busy streets.
- Clean more than just the drain.
- Dispose of waste separate it into three categories: trash, recyclables, and compostable materials
Visit Adopt-a-Drain.org to learn more.