The 2023 archery hunt application is now closed. Successful hunts have been notified by email.
Please note, crossbow usage will not be allowed during the City hunt, unless prior approval is granted by the City. Approval for crossbow usage will only be granted for disabled hunters and hunters over 60 years of age.
2023 Archery Hunt Rules
- Hunt rules for 2023 have not been finalized. They will be posted here when complete. Click here to review the full 2022 hunt policy/rules
- Crossbows are not allowed to be used during the City hunt unless prior approval is granted by the City. Approval for crossbow usage will only be granted for disabled hunters and hunters over 60 years of age. Contact Health Director Matt O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- There will be two permitted hunts. The first hunt will run from 9/16/23 through 10/31/23, and the second hunt will run from 11/18/23 through 12/31/23.
- Selected hunters will be required to pass a proficiency test and provide proof of Bowhunter Education prior to issuance of a license.
- Tree stands and other equipment may not be left unattended and must be removed after each hunt.
- Hunters are required to display City Hunt Permit on the dash of their vehicle, and a second copy with the hunter at all times when participating in the hunt. If a hunter is concerned the dash permit contains too much personal information, they have the option of redacting their address from that copy.
- Please see MN Department of Natural Resources for bag limit information.
- Hunters will be required to notify the city when an animal is harvested in city limits. All hunters must notify the city if they were unsuccessful in the city hunt by the end of the season. A form will be provided to notify the city of hunter's success.
Archery Hunt Area Maps
St. Cloud Regional Airport Archery Hunt
For more information on the airport hunt click here.