The Animal Control Division protects and promotes public health and animal care through prompt response, investigation, intervention, enforcement and education.
What We Provide
- Animal sheltering for strays, safekeeping and quarantines
- Complaint response for strays, barking, animal bites, cruelty, extreme weather exposures, and lost pets
- Investigations and enforcement actions for all animal control violations
- Educational outreach through community events, media, city publications and personal contact with pet owners
- Dog licensing to reduce incidents of rabies transmission, provide identification for lost dogs, and to promote responsible pet ownership
- Emergency and disaster response for animals and their owners