Current Compost Site Purchasing Options:
- Order permits via our On-Line Services on the city’s website paying with MasterCard, VISA or Discover. American Express is NOT accepted; the transaction will decline. Non-resident permits are not available online.
- Print the St. Cloud Compost Site Permit Application form off the website & mail a check or money order. The mailing address is on the bottom of the form. There is also a drop box on the east side (4th Avenue) of City Hall.
- Call 320-650-2900 or email the Public Works Department if you do not have online access to complete or print out the form.
St. Cloud River Bluffs Regional Park Compost Site The St. Cloud compost site (522 33 Street South) is located in the St. Cloud River Bluffs Regional Park area. St. Cloud River Bluffs Regional Park is located east of County Road 75, off of 33rd Street South. Customers are encouraged to utilize the compost site for grass clippings and leaves, as well as brush and tree waste.
Compost permits can be purchased using the online portal or by mailing your application to City Hall. Please allow 7 - 10 days for processing and mailing the permit. Permits are NOT sold at the Compost Site.
R1 Permit: City residents utilizing City refuse & recycling services: $25.00
R2 Permit: City residents and parcels who do not utilize City refuse & recycling services $35.00
NR Permit: Residents of neighboring cities and townships: $45.00
Replacement of lost, stolen or destroyed permit: $ 5.00
At the time of purchase, applicants will be required to furnish the license plate number along with make and model of the vehicle to be used to transport yard waste to the compost site. Permits are non-transferable.
AFFIX COMPOST PERMIT ON THE INSIDE BOTTOM OF THE PASSENGER SIDE OF YOUR FRONT WINDSHIELD
Hours of Operation
April 6, 2020 - November 21, 2020 (depending on weather)
|Monday||Noon - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Noon - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Closed to the public|
|Thursday||Noon to 6 p.m.|
|Friday||1 p.m.to 7 p.m.|
|Saturday|| 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Site closed on:
- Good Friday, April 10, 2020
- Memorial Day, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day, July 4, 2020
- Labor Day, September 7, 2020
- Veterans Day, November 11, 2020
Rules & Regulations
- Commercial haulers and lawn service companies are not eligible to use this site.
- You must register with the attendant on site before entering the compost site.
- You must have a compost permit displayed on the inside bottom of the passenger side of your front windshield. Entry to the compost site will not be allowed without a valid permit. The permit must be affixed as described.
- Only clean yard waste, brush, and tree waste will be accepted.
- Acceptable yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, pine cones, pumpkins, acorns, apples, dirt, and sod.
- Acceptable brush and tree waste includes shrubs, tree branches, firewood, garden vegetation and cornstalks.
- The city reserves the right to limit the quantity or disallow the disposal of brush and tree waste without prior notice.
- Unacceptable yard waste includes construction wood, dimensional lumber, wood pallets, stumps, or whole tree logs.
- Yard waste mixed with rocks, metal, concrete, polystyrene foam, animal feces, food scraps, or other foreign material is also unacceptable.
- You must dump your own plastic bags and take the empty bags with you. No plastic bags can be left on site, as they contaminate the compost.
- You must dump your yard waste as indicated by the signs and traffic cones. This method enables city workers to turn the yard waste material with their equipment.
- Brush and tree waste needs to be separated from yard waste and deposited in a separate location as indicated. All loads entering the site must be covered to prevent loss of any waste while driving to the compost site.
- Composted soil is not always available for individuals who have purchased a compost permit. When available, there is a 90-gallon per week maximum per individual. Composted soil is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to a mandated quarantine by MN Department of Agriculture, mulch and wood chips are not available.