Baseball / Softball Programs and Clinics
Summer Baseball and Softball
- Tiny T's (Ages 4-5) - Intro to baseball. Skills taught include base running, throwing and hitting the ball from the tee.
- T Ball (Ages 5-6) - Continue your child's progress, and introduce having the ball pitched (by the coach) and outfield positions.
- Rookie League Baseball (Ages 6-9) - Focus on skill progression, develop a grip on the bat and batter's stance, introduce catching pop flies and throwing from a further distance. Games will be played once a week.
- Major League Baseball (Ages 9-12) - Players will begin pitching to each other, picking positions, and learning and developing advanced techniques. Games played once a week to 6 innings.
- Minor League Softball (Ages 8-10) - Skills including throwing, catching, batting, catcher's position and base running. Games played throughout the community.
- Major League Softball (Ages 10-12) - Advanced throwing, catching and batting skills as well as base running and game strategies covered. Games played throughout the community.
2021 Youth Baseball/Softball Program
|Program||Day||Dates||Time||Location||Cost||Dates Not Held|
|Tiny T's||M/W||6/7-7/21/21||9-9:45am||Whitney Field 7||$35||6/30, 7/5|
|Tiny T's||Tu/Th||6/8-7/22/21||5:30-6:15pm||Whitney Field 7||$35||7/1, 7/6|
|T-Ball||M/W||6/7-7/21/21||10-10:45am||Whitney Field 7||$35||6/30, 7/5|
|T-Ball||Tu/Th||6/8-7/22/21||6:30-7:15pm||Whitney Field 7||$35||7/1, 7/6|
|Rookie League BB||M/W||6/7-7/28/21*||5:45-6:45pm||Whitney Field C1||$55||6/30, 7/5|
|Major League BB||M/W||6/7-7/28/21*||7-8pm||Whitney Field C1||$55||6/30, 7/5|
|Minor League SB||M/W||6/7-7/28/21*||6-7pm||Whitney Field 6||$55||6/30, 7/5|
|Major League SB||M/W||6/7-7/28/21*||6-7pm||Whitney Field 6||$55||6/30, 7/5|
* Championship Night for Rookie, Major League BB, Minor League SB and Major League SB will be held August 4th
St Cloud Rox Clinic
Bring your Rox fan to this two-hour clinic for boys and girls, ages 7-14! Your favorite Rox players and coaches will teach fundamentals of baseball, and each participant will receive a free ticket voucher to a 2021 Rox game, a unique Rox poster for autographs after the clinic, and, most of all, ROX SOLID FUN! Pre-registration is required; complete an offiicial Rox Registration and Liability Form by June 8th. Forms can be printed at home or picked up at the Whitney Recreation Center. Drop off form and payment (made out to the St Cloud Rox) at Whitney Recreation Center, or mail to the address listed on the form. For more information, email Jeff with the Rox or Steve with St Cloud Park and Recreation.
|Tuesday||6/15 (Rain Date 6/22)||10am-12pm||Whitney Sports Complex Field C-2||$15 (Includes Game Ticket and Poster)|
Cancellations or Rain-Outs
Please listen to WJON or call 255-7277 for cancellations or rain-outs; or check our Facebook page.
Rained Out? Know Now!
St Cloud Park and Recreation is now using RainedOut to notify our Youth Baseball/Softball participants of cancellations. If successful, we will roll this out to all of our programs.