To be eligible to vote in St. Cloud, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old on Election Day
- A resident of Minnesota for 20 days
- Not currently incarcerated for a felony conviction (More Info)
- Must not be under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
- Must not have been found legally incompetent
To avoid delays on election day, please prepare by doing the following:
- Preregister - You can minimize your time waiting in line by getting preregistered. Taking a minute to complete and submit your application now could save you hours on election day.
- Election Day Registration - If you fail to preregister, you will need to register at your polling place. Make certain that you have appropriate identification and documentation with you when you arrive at the polls. Note that only the documents listed will be accepted by your precinct judges on election day.
Election Day Voting & Absentee
- Vote Absentee - In Minnesota, you can vote early with an absentee ballot starting 46 days before Election Day. You can request an absentee ballot online for federal, state, and county elections. Read about other options and more information about absentee voting at the links below.
- Vote Early By Mail - To vote by mail, apply to have an absentee ballot mailed to you. You do not need to be registered to apply.
- Vote From Military or Abroad - Serving in the military or living abroad? Have an absentee ballot sent to you wherever you are in the world!
- Track your Absentee Ballot - Track the Status of Minnesota Absentee or Mail Ballot.
- Vote Early in Person - The City of St. Cloud will offer in-person absentee voting starting 46 Days before Election Day. This will be offered at the Lake George Municipal Complex for all, and all Stearns County Residents.
- Location - 1101 7th Street South, St. Cloud, MN
- Hours - Absentee voting will be open during normal business hours (8:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
- Additional Hours:
- The last Saturday before Election Day (9 a.m. — 3 p.m.)
- The day before Election Day until 5 p.m.
- Additional Hours: (Sate General Election Only)