Action Resources & Solutions
Areas of Action
Carrying out the goals outlined in the 2017 St. Cloud Community Energy Action Plan requires the interest and action of YOU -- individuals, businesses, and institutions across the community. These focus areas were selected during the Plan development process to make the most meaningful impact for the St. Cloud community. Below is an outline of how you can do your part within one or more of these areas.
Homeowners & Renters
- Home Energy Workshop: Host or attend a workshop at your house/apartment or a friend’s to learn about the energy efficiency services and rebates available to you. Email us to set one up.
- Home Energy Squad: Take the first step in reducing energy use in your home by signing up for a Home Energy Squad® visit. One convenient visit costs $100 and may include free installation of materials such as LED light bulbs, programmable thermostat, door and attic hatch weather stripping; attic and wall insulation inspection; blower door and thermal image testing; and a customized report with additional recommendations and help with next steps. Call 651-328-6220 to schedule your visit or click here!
- Multi-Family Building Efficiency Program: A valuable service for apartment building owners and managers that includes a free, whole-building energy audit, free energy-saving installations, and a report of your building’s energy consumption.
- Low-Income Program Offerings: Trouble paying your energy bills? Click here to learn more.
- Energy Upgrade Financing: Check out the Lending Center for low-cost loan options.
Small to Large Businesses
Help St. Cloud double conservation efforts businesses! Sign up for one of the programs or services to take action
- Business Energy Workshop: Host a workshop at your business to learn about energy efficiency options. Email Jim Flaaen to set one up.
- Xcel Energy’s Business Solutions Center: Contact an energy efficiency specialist for free advice by calling 1-855.839.8862, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday- Friday and just say, “I am a St. Cloud business owner. What can I do to save energy?”
- Energy Rebates and Programs
- Trillion BTU Financing
- Commercial Energy Efficiency Loan Program
- Energy Savings Fund for Nonprofits
Institutions & Industrial Businesses
The St. Cloud community is challenging its largest businesses, institutions, and organizations to increase renewable energy use by 5%. Here are some resources and information on how you can engage:
Sign-up to attend a St. Cloud Renewable Energy Options Workshop targeting the largest business and institutions in the St. Cloud area.
Contact Liz Kramerto learn more about taking the 5% CHALLENGE pledge!