Community Campaign - How to Take Action
Sustaining St. Cloud: Energy Leaders is a community action campaign designed to raise community awareness around energy options, tools, and how to select the actions that are best for you. As part of this campaign, this website exists as an education resource for all community members. Here you will find information about utility energy efficiency programs and rebates, energy savings information, and case studies about fellow community members who have taken action.
Community Energy Campaign – An Action Plan Focus Area
The Sustaining St. Cloud: Energy Leaders campaign is designed to let you, your neighbors, and colleagues know that St. Cloud is driven to move the needle and make or community smart consumers of energy. Below is a brief outline of where the campaign hopes to encourage action and increase awareness. These broad areas of focus include more detailed strategies and actions which are rooted in the goals from St. Cloud’s Community Energy Action Plan. Click here if you are interested in accessing the complete Plan.
- Residential energy workshops – host one at your own home! Just email Jim Flaaen at the City of St. Cloud.
- Conservation Opportunity Events – educational presentations and events to help you select a program or rebate opportunity right for your businesses.
- 5% CHALLENGE - a renewable energy challenge for large businesses and organizations in the St. Cloud area that want to receive recognition and support to increase their renewable energy usage by 5% with 2 years of their pledge. (The 5% CHALLENGE is a sub-campaign of Energy Leaders: Sustaining St. Cloud). Sign up here.
- Youth Education – outreach to kids and students through the St. Cloud Area school district, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and the St. Cloud Technical Community College.
- Connect via Social Media – raising community awareness about the Community Energy Action Plan goals and connecting you to action opportunities. Follow us on Twitter @StCEnergyLeader
Help Support Community Action
If you’re interested to get involved in this campaign and support one of the four primary efforts going on, we welcome your interest! To learn how you might be able to contribute a few hours one time or be involved on an ongoing basis, please reach out to Jim Flaaen (email@example.com) at the City of St. Cloud. Megan Hoye (firstname.lastname@example.org) 612.222.2417 with Xcel Energy’s Partners in Energy is also an information resource.
If you are a resident or business that has an energy savings story or a clean energy story, we want to help share it with the community. Please contact us so that we can turn your story in to a case study for this website and use it as information at ongoing events. Contact Jim Flaaen (email@example.com) at the City of St. Cloud.
What’s the buzz all about? Find out more here or write to us to learn more about hosting or participating in an event.
Another way you can get involved is to tell the world (and your community) how you and your city are making a difference. Post or tweet about the campaign using #StCenergyleaders and/or @StCloudMinn. Follow us on Twitter @StCEnergyLeader.
Other Utilities in the St. Cloud Area
The contents of this toolkit are largely designed for Xcel Energy customers, but everyone can benefit from the energy savings tips included! If your electric provider is Connexus, East Central Electric Association, or Stearns Electric Association, follow these links to learn more about conservation programs.
|Connexus Energy||Connexus Energy|
|East Central Energy||East Central Energy|
|Stearns Electric Association||Stearns Electric Association|