Community Development Block Grant
The City of St. Cloud is requesting proposals for activities to be funded through the Program Year 2017 CDBG program. Grant requirements include:
- Agency must be certified non-profit and properly licensed and in good-standing with local, state and federal governments.
- Proposed project must meet a National Objective and benefit persons of low-to-moderate income.
- The project must be able to comply with federal procurement and contracting standards as well as federal labor standards.
- The project must be able to quantify and report demographic information of clients served.
To be considered for CDBG funding, the following forms must be completed:
Pre-Application - must be submitted by December 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm
After submitting the pre-application, contact City of St. Cloud Planning Department to schedule the required pre-application meeting.
Final Application - must be submitted by January 6, 2017 at 4:00 pm
- Expand and maintain affordable housing
- Invest in core neighborhoods through affordable housing, sustainable economic development, and other supportive activities
- Assist homeless and those at-risk of homelessness
- Assist special needs clientele to provide affordable and accessible housing
- Provide fair housing education and outreach to households and property owners
- Partner to address the needs of public infrastructure, facilities, and parks
Annual Action Plans
The City of St. Cloud is required to prepare an annual action plan to notify citizens and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) of the city's intended actions to occur during that specific program year. The action plan identified the objectives the city hopes to achieve and outlines the activities the city will undertake to achieve those objectives.
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Reports
The City of St. Cloud is required to prepare an assessment of its accomplishments toward meeting the priority goals outlined in the 2010-2014 Consolidated Plan to citizens and HUD. This annual assessment is known as the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). The CAPER provides a review and evaluation of the City of St. Cloud’s progress toward meeting the annual goals and outcomes as outlined in the PY2010 Annual Action Plan and larger five year goals identified in the Consolidated Plan.
PY2014 CAPER and PY2014 HUD Consolidated Plan End-of-Year Review
PY2013 CAPER and PY2013 HUD Consolidated Plan End-of-Year Review
PY2012 CAPER and PY2012 HUD Consolidated Plan End-of-Year Review
PY2011 CAPER and PY2011 HUD Consolidated Plan End-of-Year Review
PY2010 CAPER and PY2010 HUD Consolidated Plan End-of-Year Review
Citizen Participation Plan
The City of St. Cloud encourages citizen participation in all aspects of government and particularly through its CDBG program.
Community Housing Study
In January 2013, the City of St. Cloud, in partnership with several community stakeholders, commissioned a housing assessment to enhance the understanding of housing and homeless issues throughout the community. The goals of the Housing Study are to enhance the understanding of housing and homeless issues throughout the community of St. Cloud, including needs, gaps and prospective priorities.